JOIN THE TEAM
Williams Media is a full-service creative agency based in Downtown Buffalo, NY, with an office in Charlotte, NC. We’re looking for a talented, passionate Front-End Developer to join the crew!
You will be part of Williams Media’s development team, playing a key role in developing client websites, and further improving our internal development workflow. A strong eye for design aesthetics and detail, as well as strong technical knowledge of front & back-end web development, is essential. You will work with several members of the Williams Media production team to ensure we are exceeding client expectations and delivering the highest level of service and experience.
You’re going to work hard, you’re going to have a lot of fun, you’re going to build some cool websites with (and for) some amazing people, and you’re probably going to eat a lot of pizza.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This is a full-time position where you will design and develop websites using WordPress and other web frameworks.
- This will include the use of commonly used as well as proprietary technologies and methodologies as determined by the agency.
- You will work alongside our Creative Director and interactive designers in the actualization of client websites, strategic development, process improvement, and quality assurance.
- You will be expected to bring your skills and passion to make what we do, even better- to be the “go-to” for knowledge and experience in the website development world.
We’re looking for an individual who has a demonstrated passion for creative web development, solving problems, and helping businesses grow. If that’s you, please apply below!
- Powerhouse front-end developer, well-versed in modern web best practices for website design & development, and code semantics.
- Ability to work alongside our team in order to take static designs and bring them to life using live code and content management systems. Aptitude to “read between the lines” and help fill in gaps if present, or complete unfinished designs if needed. UI/UX experience is a great bonus!
- Deep knowledge of custom WordPress site development, using both front-end builders and back-end custom code as necessary.
- Experience customizing and/or creating custom Shopify sites.
- Full-stack experience is a big plus, but not required.
- Development experience using Bootstrap is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to problem-solve, in order to test, iterate and debug as needed
- Ability to understand a business’s pain points and help craft/build web solutions to solve them.
- Ability to take a static website prototype design and accurately develop on a live web environment with incredible attention to detail, while also implementing proactive technical and UX solutions/improvements along the way.
- Ability to understand a design/task, ask the right questions if anything is unclear, and deliver a final product that exceeds expectations
- Ability to learn and work within our current processes, while providing proactive solutions for growth.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and manage other specialized developers as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects across multiple industries at once in an organized and effective capacity.
- Demonstrates our Core Values
- Passionate & humble
- Self-Starter who takes initiative
- Always learning and growing
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Deeply cares about people (co-workers & clients)
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to both receive and provide direction
- Punctual & positive
- Willing to do whatever needs to be done for our clients & team
A little bit about us…
Williams Media is a Buffalo, NY based team of modern marketers. A people-focused group of creatives who seek to live our core values in and out of the office.
More Than Mediocre
We don’t devote our lives to delivering mediocrity, but to making today’s ceiling, tomorrow’s floor.
Trust in the Tribe
We believe in building community that’s built on honest communication, willful transparency and a desire to pull the gold out of our team members and our clients.
Driven by the Dreams
True success is when the dreams of our staff and clients are realized, empowered, and flourishing
We’re looking for those to join our crew, who live and breathe our core values as much as we do.
- Competitive pay with large growth opportunities
- Excellent perks, including 401(k) retirement plans, health insurance, and more
- Generous PTO policy
- A flexible work environment, including remote work privileges
- Ability to work with awesome people, in a fun and exciting work environment
How to Apply
Please submit a 2-3 minute video of yourself and answer the following questions.
- Why would you like to work with Williams Media?
- In light of the creative/technical expectations of this position, what makes you a good fit for it?
- Watch the video above discussing one of our core values. Explain why you think you’d be a good fit for our team in light of it.
- What is an example of a website you’ve built that you’re most proud of and why? What were the challenges? How did you solve them? Anything fancy or special we should know?
Please submit a list of websites that you’ve developed.
Please submit your resume.
We’re looking to hire for this position immediately, so please be timely with any responses.
Don’t delay, apply today!
- Williams Media offers competitive pay with large growth opportunities, excellent benefits, generous PTO, a remote work policy, and flexible hours. We’ll cover all of this during an interview.
- Don’t feel the need to make your video anything special. If you’ve got video chops (in addition to killer development chops), and really want this job, then go for it – but we’d rather a thoughtful phone video than a full-length motion picture.
461 Ellicott St. 3rd Floor
Buffalo, NY 14203