JOIN THE TEAM
Williams Media is a full-service creative agency in Downtown Buffalo, NY, and we’re looking for a passionate, powerhouse Senior Developer to join the crew!
You will play a key role in developing client websites, and further improving our internal development workflow. A strong eye for design aesthetic and detail, as well as strong technical knowledge of front & back-end web development is essential. You will work with several members of the Williams Media production team to ensure we are exceeding client expectations and delivering the highest level of service and experience.
You’re going to work hard, you’re going to have a lot of fun, you’re going to build some cool things with (and for) some amazing people, and you’re probably going to eat a lot of pizza.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This is a full-time position where you will interface directly with our creative team to develop websites, API integrations and Web Applications, and more.
- This will include the use of commonly used as well as proprietary technologies and methodologies.
- You will provide direct support to our Creative Director in the actualization of client websites, strategic development, process improvement, and quality assurance.
- You will interface directly with the Williams Media team as well as clients to make sure project needs and goals are understood, communicated, and met.
- You will be expected to be the “go-to” for knowledge and experience in the development world.
We’re looking for an individual who has a demonstrated passion for creative web development, solving problems, and helping businesses grow.
- Powerhouse full-stack developer, well-versed in modern web best practices for web & app design & development, and code semantics
- Deep knowledge of custom WordPress site development, using both front-end builders and back-end custom code.
- Experience customizing and/or creating custom Shopify sites.
- Development experience using Bootstrap
- Integrating custom interfaces with custom and 3rd party tools
- Web Analytics & Google Analytics APIs
- Ability to Test, iterate and debug as needed
- Ability to understand a business’s pain points and help build solutions to solve them.
- Ability to take a static website prototype design and accurately develop on a live web environment with incredible attention to detail, while also implementing proactive technical and UX solutions/improvements along the way.
- Ability to learn and work within our current processes, while providing proactive solutions for growth.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and manage other developers as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects across multiple industries at once in an organized and effective capacity.
- Passionate & humble
- Self-Starter who takes initiative
- Always learning and growing
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Deeply cares about people (co-workers & clients)
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to both receive and provide direction
- Punctual & positive
- Willing to do whatever needs to be done for our clients & staff
A little bit about us…
Williams Media is a Buffalo, NY based team of modern marketers. A people-focused group of creatives who seek to live our core values in and out of the office.
More Than Mediocre
We don’t devote our lives to delivering mediocrity, but to making today’s ceiling, tomorrow’s floor.
Trust in the Tribe
We believe in building community that’s built on honest communication, willful transparency and a desire to pull the gold out of our team members and our clients.
Driven by the Dreams
True success is when the dreams of our staff and clients are realized, empowered, and flourishing
How to Apply
Please submit a 2-3 minute video of yourself and answer the following questions.
- Why would you like to work with Williams Media?
- In light of the technical expectations of this position, why you would be a good fit for this position?
- Watch the video above discussing one of our core values. Explain why you think you’d be a good fit for our team in light of it.
- What is an example of a website or software you’ve built that you are most proud of and why? What were the challenges? How did you solve them? Anything fancy or special?
Please submit a list of websites and/or software that you’ve developed.
Please submit your resume.
- We’ll be making a decision by July 16th so require all applications to be submitted by July 9th. From there we will reach out if further information is needed.
- Don’t feel the need to make your video anything special. If you’ve got video chops (in addition to killer development chops), and really want this job, then go for it – but we’d rather a thoughtful phone video than a full-length motion picture.
- Williams Media offers excellent benefits, generous PTO, a work-from-home policy, and flexible hours. We’ll cover all of this during an interview.
461 Ellicott St. 3rd Floor
Buffalo, NY 14203